Medische Thermografie is niet bedoeld als risico-onderzoek kanker!
Medische Thermografie is bedoeld om:
In 1982, the FDA approved breast thermography as an adjunctive breast cancer screening procedure
• Breast thermography has an average sensitivity and specificity of 90%.
• An abnormal thermogram is 10 times more a future risk indicator for breast cancer than a first order family history of the disease.
• A persistent abnormal thermogram caries with it a 22x higher risk of future breast cancer.
• An abnormal infrared image is the single most important marker of high risk for developing breast cancer.
• Breast thermography has the ability to detect the first signs that a cancer may be forming up any other procedure can detect it.
• Extensive clinical trials have shown that breast thermography augments the long-term survival rates by as much as 61%.
• When used as part of a multimodal approach (clinical examination + echo+ thermography) 95% of early stage cancers will be detected.